Owls Head is easily overlooked.
Owls Head is a town in Knox County and was incorporated on July 9, 1921. It is a resort and fishing community. It is home to the Owl’s Head Transportation Museum with a large collection of classic cars, motorcycles and airplanes. Search all Owls Head real estate here.
A local secret, sandy Crescent Beach is hidden away on Ginn Point, a narrow finger of land poking into the Atlantic Ocean south of the village. Once home to an inn whose guests arrived by steamboat, most of Crescent Beach is now owned by summer cottages.
Owls Head State Park
According to local lore, Owls Head derived its name from 18th-century sailors who thought this headland resembled the head of an owl with a white brick lighthouse perched on a cliff high above Penobscot Bay. Volunteers from Friends of Rockland Harbor Lights staff both the 162-year-old lighthouse and the keeper’s house, in which you’ll find a museum and gift shop.
Birch Point Beach State Park (Lucia Beach)
You’d be hard pressed to find a nicer spot to enjoy a lobster dinner than this quiet sandy beach overlooking Penobscot Bay. Thanks to the rocky headlands at either end of the beach, the surf is gentle for swimming (if you can stand the cold water). Bring your fishing rod and cast for striped bass and mackerel.
Ballyhac Road and this is where you will find the Owls Head Branch of The Maine Real Estate Network office (off of Ballyhac on Makers Cove Road)
Areas of Real Estate Specialty
- Residential Properties (Homes and Land)
- Waterfront (Penobscot Bay and Lakefront)
- Income and Investment Properties
- Commercial Properties
- Multi-Family Properties
Serving All Maine Cities, Towns, and Counties
Camden, Cushing, Belfast, Swanville, Hope, Lincolnville, Northport, Owls Head, Rockland, Rockport, St. George, Thomaston, Union, Waldoboro, Warren, Knox County, Lincoln County and Waldo County.
- Mark has vast experience in business and real estate in mid coast Maine for over 30 years he has been buying selling and renovating properties in this area.
- In addition he has created, operated and sold a marine and nautical supply store on Camden harbor. Operated a Chris Craft restoration business. Built boats. Managed rental property. Owned and operated a restaurant and Ice cream stand and Captained private yachts for years on the east coast creating a sincere appreciation of the area’s natural beauty and high quality of life.
Mark is dedicated to professionalism in the real estate industry. Ready willing and able to provide the professional personalized service demanding Buyers and Sellers deserve. Mark has a strong capacity for listening and being clear when it comes to understanding the needs of clients; so whether you are buying or selling Mark will work diligently to assist you in meeting your specific needs.