Some would argue that Kennebunk and Kennebunkport are among the most idyllic coastal towns in Maine, myself included. The Kennebunks offer a complete coastal experience with a wide variety of beautiful places to stay, eat, shop and many activities to keep busy.
While this area draws a large amount of tourists during the summer months, Fall in Kennebunkport is a truly a magical time of the year. Fall in Maine brings cool crisp evenings, while still enjoying mild summer like days providing the ability to walk along the beaches and beautiful coastline and sleep perfectly at night tucked under covers at a local inn or hotel.
There’s far more to do in the Kennebunks than one could possibly enjoy in just one visit with activities and events for all. You won’t want to miss this time of year!
While brainstorming the “perfect” fall activities during the prime fall foliage season here in The Kennebunks, there’s no question that I instantly thought of the usual things to do including apple and pumpkin picking, leaf peeping, cider sipping and hayrides.
But with my true passion for food, I couldn’t help but highlight the food during this time of year. And yes, we all know, pumpkin is back – from coffee to cereal, it’s in full force. And guess what. I’m over it! The food here in The Kennebunks is so much more than that. My love for fall favorites extends far beyond pumpkin spice lattes. During this time of year I’m ready for real fall specialties like squash pear salad, creamy pumpkin soup and as the leaves fall, the kitchens heat up at many of the local restaurants. So, where to dine you ask?
I once heard someone say that dining in this area is like the proverbial box of chocolates, only you can pick exactly what you want and you won’t be disappointed. So then you’re looking for something delicious to eat, consider one of these:
- David’s KPT: What better way to enjoy the fall foliage than to Dine at David’s KPT, with outdoor dining on a deck featuring one of the best waterfront views in town. David’s KPT has quickly become a favorite Kennebunkport restaurant with locals and visitors alike, trust me when I say there isn’t anything I have tasted here that I haven’t liked!
- Allison’s Restaurant: Directly in the heart of Dock Square and provides a fun and cozy atmosphere to stop into while exploring the local shops and attractions.
- Federal Jacks: Delicious pub fare, relaxed setting and live music on the regular – enough said!
- 50 Local: Located in downtown Kennebunk this bistro style restaurant relies on fresh ingredients from local farms and fisheries and the dishes are outstanding with a menu that changes daily. The atmosphere is elegant and the cocktail menu is incredible; you can’t go wrong!
- Village Tavern: Right off 95, in quiet West Kennebunk, the Village Tavern is a great choice for a change of pace from the typical Maine coastal eatery. From the nightly specials to the
This is just a short list of the restaurants to be sure to visit. There are lots of great options so whether or not you enjoy fall specialties as much as I do, be sure to bring your appetite!
Realtor, Guest Author and
Market Area Specialist
Kennebunk & Kennebunkport