Selling your home during the winter may seem challenging, but these five tips will help you make the most of the season!
1. Clean up snow and ice. Make sure driveways and pathways are clear for showings so that buyers don't have a difficult time parking or walking up to the house.
2. Use the season to your advantage. If you live near the mountains or a ski resort, emphasize the benefits of the location to potential buyers. Make sure to take photos of mountain views as well to draw in buyers who are searching for listings online.
3. Crank up the heat. Keep all rooms of the house nice and toasty during showings so buyers feel warm and comfortable. If the house has a fireplace, light it up to make the home feel even cozier.
4. Show during the day time to take full advantage of the sunlight. When taking photos of the property, make sure to open all shades and curtains to let in as much light as possible. Light-colored decor will also help to make the room feel brighter.
5. Take photos of the house when the snow has melted so buyers can see what it looks like when it isn't covered in snow. This will help them imagine what the home will look like during other seasons.
Along with these suggestions, you can always ask your real estate agent for their staging recommendations. Contact an agent at The Maine Real Estate Network today to find out how you can appeal to buyers.